Barry Lee Brown – Realtor/Broker
Co-owner along with Carol Brown and Principal Broker of RE/MAX Island Properties in Maui, Hawaii since 2013. Strong real estate sales, development, and brokerage background with extensive experience in appraising, management, negotiating, government interaction, and community service. Owned and operated three successful real estate companies in Alaska and Hawaii and managed over 100 properties since 1975. Developed numerous real estate projects in Hawaii and Alaska. Active in all phases of real estate, both commercial and residential. Held an active Real Estate Broker’s license on Maui, Hawaii, since 1987.
- Purchased our own RE/MAX franchise in May of 2013, and officially opened our RE/MAX Island Properties office at 930 Wainee St. #6 in Lahaina, Maui in October of 2013
- Inducted into the RE/MAX Hall of Fame in 2010
- Joined RE/MAX Maui on July 1, 1999; and on 2/26/2010, joined RE/MAX Resort Realty, 3700 Wailea Alanui Drive, Suite 225, Wailea, HI, 96753 (main office located in the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort)
- Owner/Broker, Barry Brown Realty, Lahaina, Hawaii (1988 to July, 1999)
- Managing Agent/Broker in Charge, Maui Schooner Resort, Kihei, Hawaii (1990 – 1992) (A 58 unit time-share resort; sales/marketing/management, with over 100 employees)
- Director of the Maui Board of Realtors (1995 – 1997)
- Trustee, Hawaii Association of Realtors Political Action committee (1991 – 1996)
- Trustee, Hawaii Association of Realtors Issues Mobilization Committee (1992 – 1994)
- Chairman, Hawaii Association of Realtors Affordable Housing Committee (1991 – 1992)
- Chairman, Maui Board of Realtors Political Action Committee (1991 – 1992 and 1994 – 1996)
- Chairman, Maui Board of Realtors Government Affairs Committee (1988 – 1990)
- Vice President, Maui Business Council (1990 – 1991)
- Mayor’s “Decisions Maui, Decisions ’88”, County of Maui (1988 – 1990)
- Associate Broker, ERA Meyeres Real Estate, Inc., Fairbanks, Alaska (May 1985 – 1986)
- Owner/Broker, Alaska Realty, Fairbanks, Alaska (September 1978 to May 1985)
- Appointed by Governor Sheffield as 4th Judicial District Member, Alaska Real Estate Commission (February 1985 – 1986)
- Director, Board of Directors, Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors (1984)
- Realtor of the Year, Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors(1984)
- President, Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors (1981 and 1982)
- Appointed as Master by the Alaska Department of Law in condemnation actions of the Transportation Section, Fairbanks, Alaska (1979 and 1980
- Real Estate Sales Associate, Alaska Real Estate and Mortgage, Fairbanks, Alaska, (May 1976 to September 1978
- Associate with Michael McCrackin, M.A.I. as a Real Estate Appraiser, Fairbanks, Alaska, (1976)
- Right of Way Agent I, State of Alaska Department of Transportation, Fairbanks, Alaska (September 1973 – May 1976) Specializing as Staff Appraiser, Negotiator, and Relocation Agent.
- Elementary School Teacher, Los Angeles, California (September through June, 1969 – 1973)
- Construction Foreman, William M. Stewart Enterprises, Fairbanks, Alaska, (June through September 1969 – 1973)
- President, Association of College Union, Western Division (1967 – 1968)
- Class Representative, San Jose State College (1964)
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Major in Real Estate and Insurance, San Jose State University (1968)
- Graduate Work in Philosophy (Specializing in Eastern Philosophy), San Jose State University (1968 – 1969)
- American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, Course 1-A, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, (Completed February 1974)
- Continuing Education courses in Real Estate and License Law
- Born January 22, 1947 in Los Angeles, California.
- Resided in Inglewood, California, from 1949 to 1973.
- Resided in Fairbanks, Alaska, 1973 to 1986.
- Resided at current address in Maui, Hawaii, since 1986.
- Married Carol Van Wagoner in Lahaina on August 5, 2006
- In Maui, currently a member of the Realtors Association of Maui.
- Served on numerous volunteer organizations and projects in Fairbanks, Alaska, including Red Cross Board of Directors, public real estate education seminars, Violet Drive road service area commission, ski club, Chamber of Commerce, and the Homebuilders Association; worked on “Non-Conforming” and Alaska Housing Finance Corporation legislation in Juneau.
- Organized over 20 very independent brokers into a “Brokers Co-op” in Fairbanks, Central District Democratic Committee, founding member of the Fairbanks Sunrisers Rotary Club in 1985.